Welcome to Oak Grove Retreats
guards van at Oak Grove Retreats
Information regarding COVID-19 : Correct as of 05/07/21
Thank-You to all our guests for your continued support of this small business. We look forward to welcoming back our loyal returning customers as well as welcoming new customers to Doldowlod Old Station. Our aim is to provide you with a safe & happy holiday.
Please be aware when booking that accommodations can currently only be occupied by a single/extended house-hold due to Corona Virus regulations.
Current Corona Virus Regulations in Wales:
The general rules at alert level 1 indoors are that:
- There are no restrictions on gathering with members of your individual household (those you live with indoors)
- You can meet with your extended household or one other household in private homes, travel and holiday accommodation.
- You can meet up as a group of six people from up to 6 households (not including children under 11 from any of these households or carers of any person present) in private homes, regulated premises and travel and holiday accommodation.
- A maximum of 200 people standing and 1,000 seated can take part in can take part in indoor organised activities and events as part of a regulated gathering.
- Any number of children under 18 (or persons who were aged under 18 on 31 August 2020) can take part in regulated organised activities.
The general rules at alert level 1 outdoors are that:
From Saturday 17 July there are no longer any restrictions in place when gathering anywhere outdoors, including in private gardens, public parks and beaches, outdoor areas of regulated premises or for outdoor activities and events.
You are still advised to make your own judgement and avoid large gatherings wherever possible.
It is safer to meet outdoors and for this reason, outdoor activity has been prioritised for the first major step towards getting back to pre-coronavirus ‘normal’. The likelihood of COVID-19 transmission is substantially lower in the open air than indoors. This restores more freedom to people more quickly while minimising the impact on transmission.
Even as restrictions are lifted, it is essential that everyone carries on with the good habits that reduce transmission: remembering good hand hygiene and getting a test at the first sign of symptoms, staying at home if unwell, to reduce the risk.
Businesses must also continue to undertake a risk assessment and take reasonable measures to minimise the risk of exposure to and spread of coronavirus in premises open to the public or staff members.
The Test, Trace and Protect system will continue to support the easing of social and economic restrictions. It will also be important in identifying local outbreaks and Variants of Concern.
The Welsh Government are asking people to consider not just what they can do – what the law allows them to do – but what they should do – what is the right thing to do to minimise the spread of coronavirus. In particular, they ask you to:
please try and be restrained in how many different people you see. It is better to see the same small group of people regularly than to see lots of different people occasionally
please continue to practice social distancing, including outdoors
avoid doing activities that might increase the risk of transmission (for example shouting to be heard over loud music, or singing in close proximity to others).
PLEASE BE AWARE: the announcement made by the English Prime Minister that they expect to remove all social distancing measures on 19th July does NOT apply to Wales.
If public health conditions remain positive, the next three-week review on August 8th will consider a move to level 0: NB. masks will remain obligatory in all indoor settings other than hospitality even at level 0. The Welsh Government have not ruled out tightening restrictions to protect public health should conditions require it.
NB should Covid-19 regulations prevent any holiday from going ahead, then we will re-arrange your dates, with no additional fees & subject to availability, under the terms of the Bedful Corona Virus Booking Guarantee scheme (see below).
We have been recognised as covid-compliant and "good to go" by Visit Britain and Visit Wales
Corona Virus Guarantee Scheme applies for all bookings made via this website or via Bedful/Cool Camping. If you have used a booking agent (eg. UK Caravans, or Air BNB) please refer to their booking terms.
COMMITTED TO CLEAN:Your safety is our priority! We use an enhanced cleaning protocol & we leave 24 hours minimum between guests to allow for full airing & deep cleaning.
We are currently only permitted to take bookings from single/ extended households. 6 adults in total from no more than 2 additional house-holds who have formed an exclusive bubble.
Corona Virus Guarantee Scheme.
This covers bookings made after June 10th 2020 made via this website or cool camping/Bedful. This means that:
We are committed to offering our customers the clarity of the following Guarantee Policy for 2021
- A low deposit of 30% to secure the booking.
- The balance payment will not be due until 30 days before the holiday.
- No refunds, but complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months from the holiday start date and therefore not lose your holiday.
NB. Guests who have booked via other providers are subject to the booking conditions of their booking agent.
COMMITTED TO CLEAN: Your safety is our priority!
Cleanliness has always been important to us but it is now more important than ever. This is why we are committed to even higher standards for cleaning. We have undertaken & been tested on an enhanced cleaning protocol study package ( in partnership with Ecolab, a global leader in cleaning and hygiene technologies)
We will follow an enhanced cleaning protocol, which was developed with expert guidance. Here are a few highlights:
- We sanitize high-touch surfaces, down to the doorknob
- We use cleaners and disinfectants approved by global health agencies, and I wear protective gear to help prevent cross-contamination
- We clean each room using extensive cleaning checklists
- We provide extra cleaning supplies, so you can clean as you stay
- We comply with local laws, including any additional safety or cleaning guidelines
1. All of our static caravan accommodations are self contained.
2. In order to provide glamping guests with private shower facilities we have blocked availability on our Guards Van & all new bookings will be for the Box Carriage only.
3. We will observe open air social distancing at check in and check out & we will wear face masks for your protection.
4. We are observing the recommended 24 hours between guests policy.
5. Laundry will be washed on a hot setting, additional Dettol laundry sanitiser will be added to every wash and laundry will be hot tumble dried.
6. The reception cabin will not be open but we will provide a set of new local information leaflets to each guest.
7. We are onsite and always available by phone should you have any issues.
Please remember to Clean as you go:
As per terms and conditions, please be aware that we operate a clean as you go policy, this means that we expect our guests to empty bins & remove rubbish and left over food from their accommodation, hoover all carpets and hard floors, clean crumbs and grease from surfaces and appliances and clean shower, WC, and sinks. It is high risk for our house-keeper to remove guest's general debris prior to starting the Covid-19 deep clean and a cleaning fee will be required if necessary.
We hope that you will enjoy a peaceful time in the great outdoors but please be aware that neither holiday guests nor caravan owners should visit Doldowlod Caravan Park if they or their family have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been advised to isolate, until after the isolation period.
We are following best practice guidance and all local regulations in respect of social distancing measures: which means no physical contact & keeping our distance when checking you in and out of your holiday accommodation & when we see you around the park. Please be assured that you are as warmly welcome as ever.
We appreciate that things are ever evolving. We are monitoring the situation closely and taking prompt action as government advice changes. We will update this page as and when any changes are made that directly affect you, our guests.
As per our Terms & Conditions: WE STRONGLY ADVISE GUESTS TO TAKE OUT HOLIDAY INSURANCE We are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event that we are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events. Furthermore we are not liable for our guests property whilst on the park. We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place.
We would like to thank you for your continued support during this difficult period and we hope that you and yours remain safe and well.