Welcome to Oak Grove Retreats
guards van at Oak Grove Retreats
Information regarding COVID-19 : Correct as of 07/08/21
Thank-You to all our guests for your continued support of this small business. We look forward to welcoming back our loyal returning customers as well as welcoming new customers to Doldowlod Old Station. Our aim is to provide you with a safe & happy holiday.
Current Corona Virus Regulations in Wales:
Alert Level zero does not mean that all restrictions have been removed:
At alert level zero, all restrictions on meeting with others are removed and all businesses are able to open (subject to their own risk assessment). Important protections will continue to be in place:
Following an updated level 0 risk assessment on 11/10/21:
our reception cabin will remain closed; our enhanced cleaning & airing policies remain; the management will only enter inside your holiday home in an emergency, and our socially distanced waste disposal policies remain in force.We know that you will want to help us to keep everyone safe.
Covid-19 Regulations & Guidance in Wales
1) Everyone must continue to isolate for 10 days if they have Covid-19 symptoms or if they have a positive test result.
2) Face coverings will continue to be required in most indoor public places in Wales, including on public transport, in shops and in healthcare settings. There will be exemptions for people who cannot wear them, as there are currently.
3) All those responsible for premises open to the public and workplaces must carry out a Covid risk assessment and continue to take reasonable measures to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus.
4) There will be no legal limits on the number of people who can meet, including in private homes, public places or at events but a Covid-19 passport or negative PCR within 48 hours of attending is required by law for large events, large venues and nightclubs.
5) Businesses which were required to be closed are able to re-open.
6) Premises which are open to the public and workplaces will have more flexibility about which reasonable measures they take to minimise the risk of coronavirus. But these should be tailored to their risk assessment and their specific circumstances.
7) Face coverings are not a legal requirement in hospitality settings where food and drink is served, but will continue to be required in most indoor public places into 2022.
8)Adults who are fully vaccinated and children/young people under 18, will no longer need to isolate if they are identified as close contacts of someone who has coronavirus.
The Government advises:
Even if you have been fully vaccinated, meeting outside is safer than inside; let fresh air into indoor spaces, get tested even for mild symptoms, and self-isolate when you are required to do so. Continue to keep your distance when we are out and work from home whenever you can. Wear a face mask, especially in crowded places, on public transport, in shops and in health and social care settings.
NB. masks will remain obligatory in all indoor settings other than hospitality even at level 0. The Welsh Government have not ruled out tightening restrictions to protect public health should conditions require it.
NB should Covid-19 regulations prevent any holiday from going ahead, then we will re-arrange your dates, with no additional fees & subject to availability, under the terms of the Bedful Corona Virus Booking Guarantee scheme (see below) which covers all bookings during the 2021 season.
We have been recognised as covid-compliant and "good to go" by Visit Britain and Visit Wales
Corona Virus Guarantee Scheme applies for all bookings for the 2021 season made via this website or via Bedful/Cool Camping. If you have used a booking agent (eg. UK Caravans, or Air BNB) please refer to their booking terms.
COMMITTED TO CLEAN:Your safety is our priority! We use an enhanced cleaning protocol & we leave 24 hours minimum between guests to allow for full airing & deep cleaning.
Corona Virus Guarantee Scheme.
This covers bookingsfor the 2021 season via this website or cool camping/Bedful, or directly with us, it does not cover bookings made via booking agents under their own terms. This means that:
We are committed to offering our customers the clarity of the following Guarantee Policy for 2021
- A low deposit of 30% to secure the booking.
- The balance payment will not be due until 30 days before the holiday.
- No refunds, but complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months from the holiday start date and therefore not lose your holiday.
NB. Guests who have booked via other providers are subject to the booking conditions of their booking agent.
COMMITTED TO CLEAN: Your safety is our priority!
Cleanliness has always been important to us but it is now more important than ever. This is why we are committed to even higher standards for cleaning. We have undertaken & been tested on an enhanced cleaning protocol study package ( in partnership with Ecolab, a global leader in cleaning and hygiene technologies)
We will follow an enhanced cleaning protocol, which was developed with expert guidance. Here are a few highlights:
- We sanitize high-touch surfaces, down to the doorknob
- We use cleaners and disinfectants approved by global health agencies, and I wear protective gear to help prevent cross-contamination
- We clean each room using extensive cleaning checklists
- We provide extra cleaning supplies, so you can clean as you stay
- We comply with local laws, including any additional safety or cleaning guidelines
1. All of our static caravan accommodations are self contained.
2. In order to provide glamping guests with private shower facilities we have blocked availability on our Guards Van & all new bookings will be for the Box Carriage only.
3. We will observe open air social distancing at check in and check out & we will wear face masks for your protection.
4. We are observing the recommended 24 hours between guests policy.
5. Laundry will be washed on a hot setting, additional Dettol laundry sanitiser will be added to every wash and laundry will be hot tumble dried.
6. The reception cabin will not be open but we will provide a set of new local information leaflets to each guest.
7. We are onsite and always available by phone should you have any issues.
Please remember to Clean as you go:
As per terms and conditions, please be aware that we operate a clean as you go policy, this means that we expect our guests to empty bins & remove rubbish and left over food from their accommodation, hoover all carpets and hard floors, clean crumbs and grease from surfaces and appliances and clean shower, WC, and sinks. It is high risk for our house-keeper to remove guest's general debris prior to starting the Covid-19 deep clean and a cleaning fee will be required if necessary.
We hope that you will enjoy a peaceful time in the great outdoors but please be aware that neither holiday guests nor caravan owners should visit Doldowlod Caravan Park if they or their family have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been advised to isolate, until after the isolation period.
We are following best practice guidance and all local regulations in respect of social distancing measures: which means no physical contact & keeping our distance when checking you in and out of your holiday accommodation & when we see you around the park. Please be assured that you are as warmly welcome as ever.
We appreciate that things are ever evolving. We are monitoring the situation closely and taking prompt action as government advice changes. We will update this page as and when any changes are made that directly affect you, our guests.
As per our Terms & Conditions: WE STRONGLY ADVISE GUESTS TO TAKE OUT HOLIDAY INSURANCE We are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event that we are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events. Furthermore we are not liable for our guests property whilst on the park. We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place.
We would like to thank you for your continued support during this difficult period and we hope that you and yours remain safe and well.